Sunday, April 30, 2006


What a great player, a great scholar, and a great person. As I mentioned last night he has been drafted by the Houston Texans and I couldn't be happier for him, or the other bama players who are on the draft board.

DeMeco has a website where he put in some small snippets of how his day went yesturday, as well as what is going on today for him. It was then I realized that he's leaving us for the big game. Yeah, I suppose I knew it all along, but for whatever reason once I read about him packing up to go to Houston it really set me back a little. I guess it's one of those things about college football that you never really get used too, players come and eventually they have to go as well.

We as fans get attatched to these players, they become part of our families. I don't regret it, as little of the NFL I watch these days you can rest assured I keep an eye out for the boys from Bama and I probably always will.

I only have one thing to add...guys, never forget where you started. There are a lot of fans who are going to be rooting you on from another state other than where you are playing!
 
posted by Dovely at 4/30/2006 11:32:00 AM |


0 Comments: