Saturday, December 03, 2005

It seems Tyrone Prothro will never leave the minds of many college football fans for a long while. Weather you are looking for a picture of his fabulous catch, or video footage of the awful day he broke his leg in the game against Florida, Tyrone is consistently at the top for search hits to my lovely little blog. Believe me, I'm not complaining. He's a GREAT player and I adore him and his talent.

For this reason I had been thinking I should devote one post entirely to him and dole out as much information as I can muster up. :)

First, I don't know how many folks out there have seen Daniel Moore's "Immaculate Reception". It's fabulous. Wish I had the dough to shell out for this one, but even if I did, they are sold out. If you are lucky you may be able to find one or two listed on Ebay, but I wouldn't hold your breath too long. "The Catch" in the pic above is also sold out, but you can still buy 8x10 prints for $30. This Immaculate Reception isn't the one by Daniel Moore (I don't think because the one I saw on Ebay was different, just can't find it now.) but there are prints left on this one. At least for now there are.

Anyone looking for video of "The Catch" visit The Houndstooth Huddle, scroll down to videos and you will be able to download your own copy.


If you are looking for video footage of that awlful day when Tryone broke his leg you can find it by clicking here. For those faint at heart beware. I cringe everytime I see this.



UPDATE:04/30/06 Medical

Tyrone had his second surgery to replace the steel rod in his leg on Feb. 21, 2005. The surgery has been deemed a success and doctors believe that Tyrone's rehabilitation will be quick from here on out. Tyrone has not been able to participate in spring practices, however he has been working on his upper strength and hopes now that the second surgery has been completed that he will be ready and on the field come fall. The coaching and training staff reminds fans that there will be no certainty of weather Tyrone will return this fall due to the fact that in "normal" cases it takes up to a year for the healing of such a severe injury. Things should be made clearer come June when summer practices start.

If you would like to send Tyrone a note to say hi, wish him well, or whatever, please send inquiries to:

Tyrone Prothro
c/o Alabama Football
Box 870323
Tuscaloosa, AL. 35487-0323

You can visit TyroneProthro.com and leave Tyrone a message, however the site has not been updated since sometime in October. It is heartwarming to read the messages though, so you should take a peek at what other fans are saying. (Wish I had thought of buying THAT domain name!)

Some on Ebay are selling "Prothro 4 Heisman 2006" T-shirts. Big fans out there will want one, just go to Ebay and do a search for "Tyrone Prothro".

Updated! Tyrone and his "catch" won the Pontiac Game Changing award for 2005. Pontiac will donate a check for $100,000 to the University's general scholarship fund in Prothro's name. The Crimson Tide football team has been responsible for $150,000 worth of donations to the University's general scholarship fund this season. Alabama garnered five different Pontiac Game Changing Performances this season, receiving $5,000 for each honor and senior linebacker DeMeco Ryans earned an additional $25,000 for the general scholarship fund at Alabama when he was awarded the Lott Trophy given to the nation's outstanding defensive football player.

If I have missed anything or you would like for me to add some information, please feel free to give me a shout and I will see what I can do. Any hey, if you want you can steal this:

updated 04/30/06

 
posted by Dovely at 12/03/2005 08:22:00 PM |


0 Comments: