Monday, September 25, 2006

Well, so much for a unbeaten season. I'm sure everyone who is into Tide football knows of the loss to Arkansas this past weekend. Yeah, it was a one point loss, but really when all is said and done, it's still a loss, and to me this one was an oucher.

I knew this was going to be a tough game for us, as will be the rest of the SEC major teams. I have been of course keeping a watchful eye on the other teams, watching the games, and trying to evaluate how tough of a fight we will have with said teams.

Saturday's game was rough, but it should have been a win for us. I hate to blame Tiffin, it's not entirely his fault. As I'm sure many are aware, there were mistakes made that shouldn't have been made....there was a potential touchdown that was by-passed by the attempted and failed feild goal. Things to learn from yes.

That being said, I saw a great game from our newbie QB. Yeah, there is still a lot of growth to be accomplished on his behalf, but in all I really feel as if he did a great job. He did get sacked one to many times for my liking, but I did see some great potential and think he'll develop more and more throughout the season. I loved the couple of plays that used running back and former HS quarterback Jimmy Johns in conjuction with JP. I really want to see more of this, you have the talent, use it!!!

We have a lot of rookies out there, and at the end of the game they are beaten up and bruised, but they continue to fight. It's one of the many things I love about Alabama football. You can knock us down, talk as much crap about us as you like, but eventually we will come back to haunt you. It may not be this season, or even next, but we will bite you in the back end when it counts the most.

On to Florida, wich fortunately will be aired again by CBS. This one is going to be another tough one for us. Florida is taking full advantage of thier duo QB's, and what one can't do, the other will. Damn Tebow. Thier defense is a little weak (in my opinion) so we can use that to our advantage, and hopefully will.

Roll Tide, Roll.

I'm out.
 
posted by Dovely at 9/25/2006 10:39:00 AM |


1 Comments:


At 4/18/2009 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....