Saturday, April 09, 2005
I don’t generally wear make up because quite frankly I didn’t like the ‘feel’ of foundation, and really without the foundation there is no reason to wear make up at all. Trust me, I haven’t worn make up (except on rare occasions) for probably close to ten years. A few months ago, I happened across an infomercial about Bare Essentials. Bare Essentials is an all mineral make up, and according to the commercial had great coverage, didn’t clog your pores, and was actually good for your skin.
Well, being that over the last year and a half I have lost 73 lbs, I kind of felt like a change was in order. When I got my tax refund I purchased a sample pack of Bare Essentials, and I have to say…WOW! I absolutely love this stuff! It takes all of maybe ten minuets to do, and doesn’t feel like you are wearing a mask and it covers a good portion of the hyper pigmentation on my face. Best of all, it looks so natural that if I didn’t want to do the eye make up, I would still look great. I can’t tell you how many women and men have told me how beautiful I look.
A funny story behind it for example: I have been working at my current job for six years now. In those six years the store owner has never seen me in make up, EVER. She happened to come in one day, patted me on the shoulder, said “Hi, Tina” and started down the hall. She stopped half way down the hall, turned around, came back toward me, and said, “You are wearing make up! You look great!” Ok, so I guess you had to be there, but it was funny, all I could do was laugh. She said that she turned around because she wasn’t sure if she really saw me or someone else and wanted to make sure. Lol.
The downfall to this make up is the cost. It’s rather expensive. Fortunately, being the thrifty type that I am living on a limited income; I checked out EBay and was able to find a very similar version of the minerals for a lot cheaper called Everyday Minerals. It works just as well without the cost. You can mix and match to achieve the best color for your skin type, they have eye shadows, lipsticks, you name it. If you have a hard time with the typical foundations, I strongly urge you to check out the minerals. I don’t know how I ever went without this make up, and I have been wearing pretty much every day since I got it. I love that it doesn’t take me an hour to put on make up, just swirl, tap, brush, and I’m done! Ok, I’m done with my commercial now. Lol. NIGHT!
 
posted by Dovely at 4/09/2005 12:38:00 AM |


0 Comments: