Sunday, April 10, 2005
I had intended on posting to my blog yesterday but got rather distracted and ended up doing lots of research yesterday on a couple different things. One of witch was apple cider vinegar. After I had breakfast yesterday I happened to be watching an infomercial. I don’t have cable so there wasn’t much else on at that hour. I don’t generally take anything to heart about infomercials in general, I know they are just out to make money, and this guy was no different trying to sell his book. HOWEVER, when he mentioned a cure all for acid reflux disease I perked up a bit. Of course this guy wasn’t going to let out too many secrets because then there would be no point to buy his book, but he did mention that vinegar would cure acid reflux/heartburn and went on to explain what the drugs that we are given really do to our stomach. I have suffered from ARD for about 3 years now and been taking prevacid for it for a couple of those years. I suspect some other medications I take are the reason for my stomach problems to begin with, but I imagine that is exactly what the drug companies want so they can make even more money.
I had always thought the reason for my ARD was because my stomach was producing too much acid. Turns out that I couldn’t have been further from the truth. The reason people get heartburn/acid reflux is because there isn’t enough acid in the stomach to digest the food, witch in turns causes the acid to let you know about it and cause you to be miserable until you take a Rolaids, or whatever else you can get your hands on just to make it stop. The ARD prescription drugs that are on the market do stop you from getting heartburn, however they also stop your stomach from producing acid witch is needed for proper digestion. Needless to say, all this time I thought I couldn’t live without prevacid; I’m actually probably doing more damage than I know of by taking it.
If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m one of those people that are so curious I had to immediately jump on the internet and find out if what this fella on television was saying was true. You know, the old curiosity killed the cat thing. J I immediately came across a site that not only listed heartburn and ARD, but a host of other things as well that ACV will cure or help to relieve. After inspecting the website and going over everything I could find, I searched other pages as well and came up with the same outcome. I’m not generally one of those people who believe that homeopathic remedies work, I’m sure some of them do for certain people. Well, I started taking the ACV in accordance to the instructions on the website and have to say that I had no problems sleeping last night, in fact I slept longer than I have in ages, my headache disappeared within a matter of minuets and I woke up this morning feeling better than I have in quite a while. Trick to this is weather or not it had anything to do with the ACV or if it was just my ‘time’ to have a good day. Lol. Yes, I’m always the skeptic, but I have an open mind that allows me to try new and different things. I figure I will stick with this for awhile and see if will actually do what I would like it too, and if it does, hopefully I can stop taking this prescription and have no need for it ever again. I personally am doing enough for the drug companies; they don’t need any more of my help.
Here’s a brief list of other things that ACV will help out with: relief of allergies, food and pet. Sinus Infections, acne, high cholesterol, Candida, sore throat, ear infections, dermatitis, gout and arthritis to name a few. Be sure to check out the website at the end of my blog as to how you should take it, because this is very important. You don’t want to just go and swig a couple of mouthfuls of ACV, it’s not only gross but it will do some serious damage to your teeth. Basically you are to mix a teaspoon of ACV with 8 ounces of water 2-3 times a day. Personally, I am not a fan of vinegar to begin with (ACV is in pill format also, check your local herb shop) I can’t stand the smell or the taste, but instead of using regular water I used propel lemon flavored fitness water and it actually wasn’t that noticeable until the last couple of sips. I had tried mixing it with tea, but that was a NO GO. J

Earth Clinic (Information on using ACV)
 
posted by Dovely at 4/10/2005 03:30:00 PM |


0 Comments: