Sunday, June 26, 2005
Talk about having a lousy week. Back problems persist. I ended up home from work on Monday, again on Wednesday, and I had a doctor’s appointment on Thursday. I worked a whole two days and to say that I enjoyed my time off from work would be an utter lie. There is nothing like laying on the kitchen floor in so much pain that there is nothing to do but cry and beg for mercy. I have no idea what or why I have these muscle spasms, but I can tell you that it’s not fun, and I could definitely live without them. At my last doctor’s appointment the NP prescribed some pain medicine for the muscle spasms, witch I’m sad to say was like I took nothing at all. Didn’t work, not even a little bit.
It’s back to the narcotics. The NP would like me to have a MRI, witch with no insurance I can’t afford, so the likely hood of that happening is nil. I have another appointment in two weeks to see the doctor who is on vacation because the NP can’t prescribe narcotics. She said most likely it will be a very strong muscle relaxer and even though I may feel great enough to work, I shouldn’t. Go figure. The one thing I want to avoid is missed days at work, can’t afford it at all. I suppose though as the NP stated, my health is more important than a paycheck and the alternative is making my back worse by working while in so much pain could ultimately make matters worse and more costly in the long run.

Fortunately while my back is still sore from all the tension of the past week, it’s feeling a bit better. I was able to get out yesterday and do some much needed yard work and got a nice burn in the process. Hopefully I won’t peel too badly. I generally burn very rarely thanks to the Italian blood, but this is really the first time this summer I have had the prolonged exposure to the sun. My next door neighbors normally cut my grass for me because I have a rather large yard and a push mower, while they have a riding. Takes me two hours with the push mower, takes them 30 min. Big difference especially when you factor in the Alabama heat and humidity. They have gone out of town for a month, so it’s up to me to take care of the yard while they are gone. I don’t mind really, I actually rather enjoy it, of course I would enjoy it a lot more if I had a nice cool swimming pool in the back yard to cool off in.

My nasty car problem has worked itself out. My dad got a newer car so I will be getting the hand me down hand me down. I said I wanted a Honda…so I’m getting a Honda. Lol, just not the model I wanted, but it will do. It’s a 1989 Honda Crx, used to be my brother’s when he was in college and my dad took it when my brother got a new car. My dad has only been driving it for a little over a year, although he has had it for a lot longer than that. It’s in fair condition and should be a good little car for me. From what I have read those Honda’s just go on forever with minor need for repairs. Here’s hoping!

I haven’t done much on my template making this past week. Been in far too much pain to sit for very long, and I’m still experiencing some creative blockage. I have an idea of what I want to do, just need to figure out how to do it with the html and css factored in. I have made a couple of graphics but when I put them into the template, I didn’t like how they turned out, so it’s back to the drawing board. I’m working on getting some new filters for Photoshop witch will make things a bit easier in the creative process.

My folks will be coming down next weekend to bring the car down so I need to get to doing some minor cleaning around the house. Hey, it’s just me and the two kitties, not like the house can get too dirty, however the adorable little brats are shedding something fierce and the clumps of hair floating around is a bit bothersome. If they weren’t so afraid of the vacuum cleaner I would take it to both of them and solve that hair problem!
 
posted by Dovely at 6/26/2005 07:36:00 AM |


0 Comments: