Tuesday, May 24, 2005
As you can see, I have been quite busy since opening this new blog page for my personal thoughts. New template, worked on some new graphics...I'm quite happy with the result.

Believe it or not, I'm not quite finished. I still have to do the whole "get listed" thing so I won't be the only soul out in internetdom who is reading my blog.

You can probably tell that I'm a bit of a Alabama fan. lol. Every year right around this time I start longing for Alabama Football. It's still a couple of months away, but for whatever reason I know that as soon as the weather starts to warm up it's time for some football! My brother graduated from the University of Alabama, so of course that is where my loyalties lie, it doesn't hurt that I grew up with the love of football.

We don't have anything in this state as far as professional sports, so we have to rely on our faithful college teams, and let me tell you, college football in Alabama is something to be in awe of. I have never lived in a state that is so loyal to it's college teams! On game day, and sometimes before game day you can see hordes of cars heading to Tuscaloosa for the game touting their banners and pom pom's, it's a wonderful site to behold. Yeah, ok, so I'm really a fan.

I lived in Tuscaloosa for a bit when I first came down Alabama way. I was staying with my brother and he happened to live about a block from Bryant Denny Stadium. That was amazing during football season. We could sit outside and listen to the game, hear the fans screaming, and see folks walking about the stadium hurrying to get in to see the action. *sigh* While my brother was attending UA he was afforded the opportunity to work as a PT trainer for the football team, and with that I was able to barter my way in to a couple of games. There is nothing like sitting in the 'players family' section and watching an exciting game of Alabama football. R-R-R-O-O-O-L-L-L TIDE ROLL!!!!

Let me get off this subject now. lol. My car wasn't fixed this weekend, witch really sucked because as I mentioned I had planned on taking a trip to Tuscaloosa to visit my new niece and family. It also sucked because I barbecued, made potato salad and all the fixings for these folks and they didn't show up, or call to even let me know that they weren't coming. Talk about depressed! When I went in to work Monday I had planned on giving said person some serious words, however she was off, so I guess that will have to wait. I actually probably won't say anything at all because after telling someone else about it, she immediately called her husband and told (LOL! The power women have!) her husband he was going to fix my car on Friday being that he was off for the Memorial Day Weekend. I even offered to give them some money for the work, but she refused and said that it wasn't necessary. (God Bless you ANNE!)

I had wanted at least a couple of days to make sure the car was running okay and that there weren't going to be any unexpected problems before I started the four hour trip up there. I suppose I could drive the heck out of it Friday after work to make sure all is a okay, but my folks who are driving down from Kentucky need to know if I'm going to make it before they make reservations at the Ramada. God willing, everything will be fine.

I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment today, however I received a nice letter in the mail yesterday letting me know that my appointment had been changed to Thursday. That stinks because it's pay day, and it's normally the day I have to do all kinds of errands. I won't have much time after I get off work to get the check cashed, get home to change and get to the Doctor's office. Grr. I hate being in a rush. Ah, well. I'll get over it.

This is turning into a rather long post and I have much I still need to get done, so I best be getting to it. Just want to add that I was not at all happy with the season finale of Las Vegas last night. Why not just end the season with everyone getting screwed in some way?


 
posted by Dovely at 5/24/2005 02:18:00 PM |


1 Comments:


At 5/25/2005 6:37 AM, Blogger Annie

So, can you explain:

Crimson Tide

Elephant mascot

We asked people all the time when we lived in AL - and they all said "never really thought about it - that's just how it is"