Monday, December 12, 2005
Anyone who is keeping up with the recruiting situation for Alabama is looking at this kid with big eyes.

He's 6'3, 217lbs, runs the 40 in 4.69 seconds, lifts close to 400lbs and is a left handed quarterback.

His name is Tim Tebow, and he'll announce the lucky college of his choice Dec. 14th at 10pm on ESPN.

What a wonderful birthday gift that would be for me. I would love nothing more to hear those two little words come from this QB's mouth...Roll Tide.

Of course on all the Bama boards in internetdom the buzz is that he'll choose Alabama, and vice versa on the Florida boards.

I read on one particular recruiting blog that the Florida coaching staff attended the championship game for Nease high school and sat and hugged family members after the win. Can't be good for Bama if you ask me.

Then comes team mate Charlie Kirschman who has already committed to Alabama and places a Alabama hat on Tim's head. Thanks so much Charlie! I have read several reports that have stated the Charlie is really trying to get his team mate to choose Alabama.

I would really like to say that I have a feeling that Tim is going to choose Alabama. I can't say that though. Facts are that Tim is going to choose the school that gives him the best offer, a promise that he'll play, a promise that he'll get that scholarship, a promise for his future.

I really hope that Tim chooses Alabama, quite frankly I don't want to see Alabama playing against him at Florida or any other school.

One thing we all have to remember though. Just because they are great in high school, doesn't necessarily mean they will be great in College. There are a lot of differences between playing high school ball and college ball, a lot more pressures. I guess the only way we can find out what Tim or any other recruit will do is sit back, wait, and watch.

I hope that sit down with Coach Shula did the trick.
 
posted by Dovely at 12/12/2005 05:30:00 PM |


0 Comments: