Monday, November 14, 2005
Yeah, it sucks. A winning season pounced on by a stupid 3 point margin. There are many emotions you can use to describe the upset of Alabama fans, as well as the UA team members. Anger, Sadness, disappointment...I'm sure I could go on for an hour. The Tide did great the first half, while LSU didn't do so hot, course that didn't hurt my feelings so much. Second half was a entirely different story. Bama couldn't manage to even accomplish completed passes much less anything else. To be truthful, neither could LSU. It was pretty much back and forth most of the second half after the game was tied 10-10. There looked to be hope in the final few minuets of a game that were shattered with an incomplete pass taking the Tide into overtime.

Unfortunately, had the luck of the coin been different, (I think the only time we have won a coin toss was when Conde tossed it) the outcome of the game would have been different. Both Teams fought hard throughout the game, but seriously speaking, had Alabama won the coin toss, I seriously think we would have been looking at a win. I never understood why college football decides a game on the basis that they do. Highschool football (last I knew anyhow, however things may have changed since the last time I watched a highschool game) played a another quarter in the instance of overtime. Seems only fair to me. Oh well. What's done is done and there isn't much anyone can do about it now, except look ahead to next week's Iron Bown and Auburn.

Word is that Alabama's hopes of even making it to the SEC championship game in Atlanta are if LSU loses one of it's next two games against Mississippi, or Arkansas (doubtful they will loose, although we are hoping). If I'm looking at the standings correctly, of course this assuming that Alabama beats Auburn next week, LSU and Alabama would be tied in the SEC standings even if they (LSU) won the next two games. I'm guessing because LSU beat both Auburn and Bama they would get the nod, although In my opinion I would like to see a tie breaker game weather it be Auburn or Alabama because quite frankly I don't think LSU would be that lucky with a rematch against either team. I have said it before, as much as I dislike Auburn, I would rather see them in Atlanta if it can't be my beloved Alabama.

The season isn't over yet, and it has been quite memorable up to this past week. I'm darn proud of the Tide and I can't wait for next season to get started because after taking a peek at some of the recruits Alabama is going after, we will have another winning season, and I predict we will take it all the way! I will get a bit more into the Recruiting situation after the season is over, because really, until there is commitment, there is no need to get too excited right now.
 
posted by Dovely at 11/14/2005 02:55:00 PM |


0 Comments: