Sunday, December 04, 2005
It seems as thoughts of a Alabama and Texas Tech match up have been confirmed according to CollegeFootballNews.com. I also checked the Cotton Bowl website, however they must be updating it because I keep getting a notice saying that the page can not be loaded at this time. If you are interested in checking out what teams are going where as far as the Bowl games, check out that link I provided, lists all the games/times/teams etc. I counted 8 SEC teams in Bowl games this year. Not bad, not bad at all. Not that it surprises any SEC fans, but as always the SEC powerhouse is still in business.

A side note here. I recieved a couple of emails from shocked men who just couldn't believe that I am a woman who knows as much as I do about football. C'mon guys. There are a select (cough) few of us out there who might actually know what we are talking about as far as football goes. To sum up: My dad wanted boys, what he got was two girls before getting that boy. Needless to say as kids my sister and I were into every dirty sport we could get into. I was more into them than my sister however and it's stuck with me through my adult life. (If I could count how many times I went home with holes in my jeans from playing tackle football with the guys in gravel dirt I would indeed be a rich woman.) I have loved the sport of football for a great many years and on occasion have joked with my father that I could be a SEC referee just as well (if not better *smile*) as any of those guys out there. I must say, it's a pretty powerful thing for a woman to get into a conversation about a football game with a bunch of guys and prove that she may actually know more about the team and the sport than they do. (It's also quite entertaining, I might add..at least for me.)

All that being said, yes, I am indeed a woman, a pretty cute one at that (sorry fellas, I'm married, odd thing is he hates football!) I'm a Crimson Tide fan, and most of the time I actually know what I'm talking about, at least as far as football goes. :)

Enough of that now. I just checked the Cotton Bowl site and it does indeed confirm Alabama and Texas Tech.

Also, today while browsing the internet for information on Texas Tech I stumbled across a super site that has in depth information on the recruiting situation for Alabama. You should really skip over there and check it out...I sure hope he is right about Tebow! Check out Clay's Bama Page.
 
posted by Dovely at 12/04/2005 04:44:00 PM |


0 Comments: