Sunday, November 20, 2005
If we had taken out the first quarter of the game there may have been something to talk about, but things were pretty much over at the end of the first quarter.

Talk about a dissapointing loss. I expected to see a much more intense game than what I saw, and quite frankly was so upset and irritated that I had the thought of shutting the game off after the first quarter.

As if the first quarter wasn't bad enough, Brodie Croyle was sacked a total of 11 times. Yes, 11 times. We all know that there have been blocking issues over the last four games, but this was outright embarrassing.

As ugly as it was, I'm still pround of the boys. DeMeco Ryans and a few other players went out there and really tried to make up for the first quarter, but for whatever reason I don't think they were mentally into the game the way they should have been and from the outset you could tell who wanted the win more. It certainly wasn't the Tide.

I'm guessing tomarrow we will find out witch bowl game the Tide will be attending. Irregardless of the ugliness of the Iron Bowl, the have earned it, they have had a tough season, but it's been a fun one. I don't think anyone will ever forget that outstanding catch by Tyrone Prothro, or that glorious win over Florida. They did good. Next year promises to be even better and I'm already looking forward to every second of it. A healthy senior Prothro (so glad to see him out of that wheelchair, means there is progress!) some outstanding recruit possiblities, oh yes. We have not yet begun to give up.

National singing day isn't until Feb. 6th, however I am guessing there will be a few "intent letters" within the next couple of weeks. The tide is recruiting a lot of really great players and if we can manage to rope a couple of them next season will be even more outstanding than this one. I'll get into this a bit more after the thanksgiving holiday and focus on some of the potentials that the tide is trying to recruit as well as some of the boys that will be back for next season.

Still hoping for the LSU loss and a berth hope for the Tigers. My guess that is if anyone has even a glimmer of hope in beating them it's the razorbacks, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. Sure would love to see a Auburn vs Georgia rematch.

That's it for me today, folks. I have so much to do in preperation of Thanksgiving. My folks are coming down and there is much to do before they get here!
 
posted by Dovely at 11/20/2005 09:10:00 AM |


0 Comments: