Wednesday, May 18, 2005



I think I have mentioned that I have two adorable kitties. Today, the one pictured above did something a bit odd…I actually still can’t figure out how he did it even.

First I have to explain that I live in my parent’s home while they are in Kentucky finishing up a contract for the military before my father retires. At one point they owned 3 homes…they are down to two, however all the stuff that was left in the 3rd home when they moved from N.H. down here to Alabama still remains in the basement of my Grandparent’s home. (Also in N.H.)

Now, I live in a 3 bedroom house, most of witch is furnished with partially my stuff and partially theirs. Whenever they come down to visit they bring a truck load of stuff with them until the day comes when my dad does retire. Well, the 3rd bedroom is jam packed full of stuff ranging from old clothes/computers/furniture you name it, you can probably find it in there. They’re last trip down they brought yet another load, of witch due to there being no space remaining to store is still in the garage. Basically if you can walk in the garage you are doing well.

Tigger is a very smart cat. The garage, like most is not finished, so until recently the little bugger would find himself in the attic roaming around. I had tried everything I could do to prevent him from going up there, but no matter what I did he would find his way up there. I finally had to nail particle board all the way up the wall from my Dad’s work bench to the rafters, and close off any hole he could fit in. He can’t get up there now, and he is not happy about it at all, let’s me know constantly with his crying.)

I don’t smoke in the house, my parents didn’t want to come back to a icky smelling house, and I don’t blame them. I don’t really care for the smoke smell lingering in the house either, so I go outside or in the garage to smoke. (Yes, I know it’s a disgusting habit and I should quit, for more than one reason.) Well, I was out there minding my own business when I kept hearing this faint meowing. I walked up and down the garage along the little pathway from the backdoor to the garage door trying to detect where the meowing was coming from. At first thought it sounded like he had managed to get in the attic again, witch wouldn’t have really surprised me. (Like I said, he’s smart!) I started searching the rafters to see if I could see his little head poking fun at me from above, but no such luck. I started to think maybe he had fallen in between some of the piles of boxes and couldn’t get out, so I got on top of an old computer chair to see if I could lean over and find him. Nothing. Again with the faint meowing.

I forgot to mention, on top of all the boxes and other assorted items in the garage, there is also a hot tub. Lol. Yes, I know, my parents are pack rats. On top of the hot tub is one of those old car top carriers. When I say old, I mean old…I remember using that thing when I was ten years old..and we all know how OLD I am now. Inside this car top carrier are a bunch of broken down boxes that I was told to keep so it would make packing some stuff up later easier to do. Well, the lid is on it, but not on well, but well enough that the cats couldn’t get into it and do anything naughty (like potty).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I happened to be leaning on top of the car top carrier while bending over to see if I could spot Tigger, and low and behold heard a scratch coming from INSIDE the carrier!!! I lifted up the lid and there he was meowing his little head off!!! How he got in there I really don’t know. I didn’t think there was any space left open large enough for either cat to get into, but evidently the little guy found a way, course once he did, he couldn’t get back out.

He couldn’t have been in there for very long, I had only been home from work for a couple of hours and he bugged me for at least a half hour after I walked in the door. I’m so glad I found him when I did, poor thing could have been in there for a good while before I started missing his incessant crying.
 
posted by Dovely at 5/18/2005 06:44:00 PM |


0 Comments: