Saturday, July 09, 2005
Looks as if Dennis is going to pound us in these parts. Local news says that the projected path still hasn't changed for landfall around Mobile/Pensacola. Not that I want this storm any closer to me than it already is, but I hate to think of this storm hitting a area that still hasn't recovered from Ivan last September. I told my mom earlier today that I thought landfall would be around Destin, and according to last update the storm is starting to move more North. Basically the storm right now is dierectly south of where I am living. Yeah, a bit scary. To say I'm not concerned would be a huge lie. Ten years ago when Opal visited our area, she was a catagory 3. Dennis is expected to be a Catagory 4 by morning and if He hits the same area as Opal boy are we in for a heck of a ride. (Destin/Walton area)

All the area hotels/motels are at or above capacity according to news reports, gas is hard to come by, generators are sold out. In Dothan they finished up the Future Masters today, I don't know how many of those out of towners headed straight out of here or are sticking around. A tennis tournament was supposed to start on Sunday, I guess that isn't going to happen. Everything is pretty much closing down for the day due to the weather.

Flooding, tornadoes, high winds. Argh. Say a prayer for those of us about to deal with the effects of this storm! I'm guessing we will loose power by mid afternoon sunday, and who knows when it will come back on, so I'll be back on when things are semi normal around here.

Peace!
 
posted by Dovely at 7/09/2005 08:20:00 PM |


1 Comments:


At 7/10/2005 9:07 AM, Blogger ATHiker95

Hopefully, this time you decided to get out of Dodge! This big boy doesn't look like it is going to be kind to you guys at all! Stay safe!