Monday, July 11, 2005
Well, for the most part we around these parts were spared the awfulness of Dennis. Very odd storm indeed. I think there were a total of three tornado warnings throughout the storm, with Ivan there were more than 80. Mostly we got the rain and wind gusts up to 50+ mph, a few power lines down, and of course lots of tree limbs. I have quite a mess to clean up in the yard from the nasty pine trees.

Unfortunately however, because of all the rain we did recieve there is still the threat of flooding in our area. The ground was already pretty saturated from the rain we got from Cindy, so most of what fell over the weekend (and today) will probably run off into the streams and rivers. This is okay except when it becomes a flooding problem. I live on high ground so if it floods, I'm safe, however I will basically be trapped and unable to get to work. When I crossed the bridge this morning on the way to work the river was already pretty high, so I imagine in a few days we may have a bit of a problem.

And there appears to be another storm brewing....it's going to be a looooooooooong hurricane season for us around here I think.

For any folks out there that live in the Mobile/Pensacola area, my thoughts and prayers are with you that you didn't sustain too much damage!
 
posted by Dovely at 7/11/2005 04:17:00 PM |


0 Comments: