Sunday, August 28, 2005
Yes, of course there comes another hurricane. This storm will not majorly impact myself, however it will impact my family. My sister lives in Mandeville, LA, witch for those of you not familiar is located about 5 minuets from Lake Ponchatrain and the causeway. My brother's in-laws also live in the New Orleans area.

My sister and her family left the Mandeville area this afternoon headed for T-town, as well as I'm sure my sister-in-laws folks. This is no little storm. This is going to cuase major damage in the New Orleans area. I fear for my sister's home, and for the many families who are going to be impacted by this storm. To give you an idea how large this storm is, I live about six hours away from my sister's place and we are already experiencing some of the "outer bands" here. We had a brief downpour about an half hour ago (of witch I got caught in while I was filling the gas tank up and buying ice) along with some thunder. For most of the day today the sun has been shining, but when you look to the south west it's nothing but black.

Around here we are to expect up to 10 inches of rain and wind gusts up to 50mph. Along with that, I'm sure we'll have to deal with tornadoes and whatever else comes our way, but compared to what those who are sticking around the New Orleans are going to experience that is nothing.

I imagine much of the French Quarter will be wiped out, thousands of homes are going to be taken out. I guess I should be glad that my family was smart enough to get out of there, but I still fear for the losses they may experience as far as thier home. I'm afraid for those sticking around there. I'm afraid for my family and the thought that they may loose everything.

Not much we can do but be afraid, and PRAY!

As I mentioned in a earlier post, most of the family will be in T-town next weekend. Looks as if my sister and other family members will be there for most of the week. Who knows when they will be able to get back to thier home to acess the damage, or when they will have power/water back up and running.

For those who are on the road moving away from the storm, and for those staying for the storm, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay safe, and for heavens sake stay out of the storm!
 
posted by Dovely at 8/28/2005 02:07:00 PM |


1 Comments:


At 8/28/2005 3:53 PM, Blogger Suz

yea...i live in PA, and i go to college, thus, i am usually the last to hear things...i just heard about katrina this afternoon and have been praying like CRAZY.
my best friend actually just moved down to new orleans to go to school.... :-\