Sunday, August 28, 2005
As I have mentioned I am poor and can't afford cable. :) Seriously. Anyhow, because I do have family from the New Orleans area and I don't have access to the Weather Channel, I did some searching for more in depth information on the internet.

I came across this website that has live feeds of hurricane information. For the better part of the day most of the news was from a news station in New Orleans, and until the last few hours it has gone back to the people who run this website. It's very interesting, so you should check it out.

Hurricane City

I have heard from my brother and my sister in laws folks made it there a-okay. I have not heard from my little sister as of yet, but I imagine they have made it to Tuscaloosa by now also.

The last few updates I have heard suggest that New Orleans area, as well as surrounding areas will be UNINHABITABLE for up to six weeks. God be with every soul that has stayed behind.
 
posted by Dovely at 8/28/2005 06:22:00 PM |


0 Comments: