Sunday, September 25, 2005
Another two wins under our belt. What an incredible season this has been so far. The Tide has managed to pick up two Pontiac Game Changing awards, along with a few SEC players of the week. You can’t beat that.

I don’t know how many of you witnessed “The Catch” by Tyrone Prothro during the Southern
Miss game, but my goodness that was something to behold! This is something that will be talked about by Tide fans for years to come, and is in the works to be forever remembered in a painting done by Daniel Moore. I have video footage of the catch and it tickles me every time I watch it. The fact that he actually caught the ball behind the back of and Southern Miss player is incredible enough, but the fact that he didn’t break his neck on the way down is a miracle! If you would like see footage, please leave a comment or email me. Unfortunately I'm having problems with my ftp server today.

I certainly expected a bigger umph out of South Carolina, but it turns out that they are suffering with many injuries this season. Bad for them, great for Alabama. There wasn’t much fight there, but that’s okay as far as I’m concerned. A win is a win in my book no matter how ugly it may be.

The Arkansas game yesterday was very entertaining, in my book, although I have heard several sports casters say that there wasn’t much to talk about offensively. I don’t know what game they were watching, but I feel like Alabama did a outstanding job offensively once they got a hold of their get up and go. True enough, most of the game was defense, but it just goes to show how strong of a defense both the Tide and the Razorbacks have, just so happens the Tide’s offense knew when to step up to the plate and make things happen. Kenneth Darby had an outstanding game as well as Tim Castile and many other Tide players.

I love this game! Next week is Florida. I’m scared, but only a little. After seeing the pounding Florida made on Kentucky yesterday to say I’m not a bit concerned would be an outright lie. I think we can beat them though. If the Tide keeps their heads in the game, and good ol Prothro continues to charge up the crowd, the Tide will come out on top!

A side note: The game I attended against Middle Tennessee it was Prothro who was out on the field waving his arms trying to get the crowd riled up and make some noise. I love that about any player because it acknowledges the importance the fans have in the game. As a player if you know that your fans are behind you it’s a lot easier to make those fantastic plays that we love to see so much!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!
 
posted by Dovely at 9/25/2005 12:35:00 PM |


0 Comments: