Monday, October 31, 2005
I wish I could say that this was a great game to watch, however I wouldn't know. Most are aware this was one of those pay per view deals, and listening to it on the radio isn't as entertaining for sure.

Good news is that Alabama won, and not only that but Georgia lost so that put the Tide up in the polls to #4.

As you can tell, I'm a little bit late in posting. Last week was something else, and this weekend I was pretty busy with partying. lol. My best girl friend's 21st b-day was Sunday, so of course she had to be initiated into the "Bar Club". She is truly a blessing in my life and if she reads this, I hope she knows how much she means to me. I love you J, and I hope you had a great day! Also, a big thanks to "Bananna's" in Enterprise for showing us a great time!

Ok, now I can get to everything that I have been meaning to post but haven't had a chance...

Tyrone Prothro--

Tyrone Prothro was released from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon. RollTide.com reports that the first thing Tryrone did upon his release was visit the practice field and spend time with his team mates.

Tyrone also appeared at the game Saturday to support the Tide and pay the fans a visit.

For those out there wanting to see video of Tyrone's broken leg during the Florida game, click here. It's not a great video clip, however you can see what happened. It's not pretty, so if you are one of those faint at heart folks you may want to skip watching it. I also have video of Tyrone's "catch" if anyone is interested please leave a message, or contact me via email so I can send it to you. I have tried uploading it, but unfortunetly it's a rather large file and I simply don't have room for it anywhere.

DeMeco Ryans and Jamie Christensen were named SEC Teams Players of the week for the game against Tennessee. Jamie made the game winning fileld goal, and DeMeco led the Crimson Tide defensive unit, tying for high tackler honors for the game with 11 stops. He recorded 1.5 stops behind the line while recovering a fumble as well as intercepting the final Tennessee pass attempt of the game to help preserve the Tide’s 6-3 victory. This is the second time the pair have been named players of the week in the SEC.

DeMeco Ryans has also been named as a finalist for the 2005 Draddy Award (Academic Heisman Trophy) and won a $18,000 scholoarship for post graduate education.

DeMeco is also the reipient of the Coach Eddie Robinson National Scholar-Athlete Award funded by the George M. Steinbrenner Family and the New York Yankees. Congrats DeMeco!

Roman Harper's forced fumble against Tennessee was named Pontiac's Game Changing Performance Winner.

For a unprecedented fourth time a Crimson Tide player has won the honor with $20,000 going to the general scholarship fund.

For you die hard Alabama fans (like myself) PLEASE go to www.voteforheisman.com and vote for Brodie Croyle for the Heisman Trophy. Brodie was sent to the locker room during the Utah game for stitches after getting smacked pretty hard by a Utah player, no worries though, he's fine! :)

Georgia's loss of thier starting quarterback hurt the Bulldogs, but not much. I watched a bit of the game and was pretty impressed with Georgia's fight. As I mentioned, Georgia lost against Florida 10-14. Georgia's loss is Bama's gain though, and hey, somebody had to loose. This was one of those torn games as well. I really didn't want to see Florida win, but needed GA to loose in order to get the Tide up in the Polls.

Auburn (ack) also had a big game and beat Mississippi 27-3. I watched this one until the half...couple a really nice plays in the first quarter. I'm not worried though. heh.

As I mentioned, I did listen to the game on Saturday on the radio, the tireless Crimson Tide Network. It's really hard to get into "listening" to a game like you would if you can see it, but at least I knew what was going on. For those of you who have listened to the games on the radio, you all are very well aware of the former Tide great Kenny "Snake" Stabler. I almost would rather Kenny did the television broadcasting rather than radio, but I spose we have to pick and choose. Anyhow, while listening to the game it was mentioned how great of a season the Tide is having this year, about the records being broken, etc. It was said that it sure would be nice to see the Tide go undefeated and into the Sugar Bowl in Atlanta, and to pop a hole in the rediculous BCS for the National Championship game. It sure would be sad to knock a UNDEFEATED SEC team out of the Championship game two years in a row. Boy would there be a heck of a lot of peeved Bama fans...I would hate to be the BCS. lol.

Well, enough for me today. I think everything is as cuaght up as I can get it for now. Unfortunately I had a rather rough day at work and my good old back spasms are dong thier thing today. Hope everyone had as great of a weekend as I had! :)

Oh yeah, this will be the only time you see this color on my page where it's actually a good thing..

Happy Halloween!




 
posted by Dovely at 10/31/2005 02:07:00 PM |


0 Comments: