Sunday, October 09, 2005
Well, another weekend has passed and I didn't get much accomplished. Ok, well, I did do the laundry. lol.

Yesturday I spent a good portion of the day trimming my azaleas and cutting down stray trees that grow in exatly the spot you don't won't them too. Then I burned the tree limbs and some pine needles.

Today, well. um. Yeah. I woke up this morning at 5am with my back doing flips. I love those spasms so much I wish everyone could experience the joy of it. Of course I am being sarcastic because really I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through that. I spent a hour in the bathtub followed by a good dose of advil and some niquil. I guess I picked up a bit of something yesturday while outside and the nice cool fall weather we are having here (finally) in the south. Not sure if it's the peanuts or just the sniffles but it was certainly aggravating me this morning. Needless to say not too long after I got out of the bath, I was out cold on the couch. Didn't manage to wake up until after 11am.

Haven't done much since except watch movies and play the game "atomic" on the computer. Of course now I'm starting to get motivated and want to clean the house. Never fails. Yeah, I'm the person who does nothing all day long, but come bed time I decide it's time to rearrange the bedroom.

This is why I am distracting myself by writing on my blog. I feel it coming on. I still have a couple of minor things to do before I hit the hay, and believe it or not, I feel like I could fall asleep right now even after taking the late cat nap around 4. My back feels a little better than it did this morning, but I'll probably take another hot bath before I go to bed, just to make sure I'm able to make it in to work in the am. I'll probably get sent home early because it's a holiday, military is off, thus it will be deadville in Daleville. lol.

Another hurricane out there. Hurricane Vince. Wilma is the last one in the alphabet, then we are on to the greek alphabet. Yeah, I'm guessing a least a couple more pretty good storms before it's all over with. Last week marked the anniversary of hurricane Opal that hit here back in 95. She was fun. Seriously. It was my first hurricane as an adult (I was in the womb for Camile, and I hear there were a couple when we lived in Panama, but I don't remember either.)and I was so stupid that I continuously went outside to see what was going on, well, mostly to smoke, but you get what I mean. It was quite interesting, for sure. I remember thinking that it didn't seem that big of a deal, until we woke up the next morning and looked around the neighborhood. There were a few houses that suffered with trees crashing through thier roofs, but mostly it was trees and power lines down everywhere. We couldn't even get out of town because the powerlines were across the roads. All things considered we weathered it well, however anything bigger than Opal would have me a bit concerned, probably to the point that I would head to my brother's place in Tuscaloosa.

I see I keep getting off track so I best be ending this for this evening. Eventually I will get my links and such taken care of.

Really looking forward to the football game Saturday. Sucked not having a game to watch yesturday, although I did catch some of the Florida game. Guess they had a off week? :)

toodles!
 
posted by Dovely at 10/09/2005 08:10:00 PM |


0 Comments: