Thursday, October 06, 2005


Tyrone Prothro had surgery to repair the broken bones in his leg, it's reported that a steel rod has been inserted. It's said that the road to recovery will be a long one, however Coach Shula is looking forward to seeing Tyrone during practices next spring. RollTide.com has stated that while Tyrone was in the hospital he had many visitors from team members, family, and friends. No doubt he is well taken care of and well loved. Anyone interested in sending Tyrone a Get Well card can do so by sending to the following address:


Tyrone Prothro
c/o Alabama Football
Box 870323
Tuscaloosa, AL. 35487-0323



The University of Alabama's Brodie Croyle and Crimson Tide has made it on the cover is Sports Illustrated!

I read a couple of articles that say that being on the cover of Sports Illustrated is the kiss of death, however I'm tickled to see it none the less. There is nothing like having something a little extra to rub in the faces of Auburn fans! *Snickering* I'm running out tomarrow afternoon to get my copy to be displayed on my wall for all time :) The article is written by Mark Beech, and a brief snippet of it can be viewed at the SI website.

I'm sure most know this by now, but the good old boys have made into the top ten of the AP polls. Alabama has manged to knock the Gators out of the top ten and insert themselves into a cozy number 7 slot. Alabama is 5-0, and 3-0 in the SEC. Yeah, I like this a lot. I'm really trying to not get my hopes up too high for the big bowl game being that we are only half way through the season, but it's really hard when you see your boys go out there and show a "exalted" team like Florida who the boss is. It killed me how the sports casters during the game last week kept touting how great of a quarterback Florida had, evidently he had a bad day because I didn't see too much out of him. I will give this to the Florida Gators though, they did have a couple of good plays in the first half (however both attempts failed) that I would really like to see the Tide pick up on. I found them to be quite tricky and found myself saying to myself that it was a good play, even if it didn't get the results the Gators were looking for.

As I mentioned before, the Tide have this weekend off, as does Auburn. Leaves me with thinking of how I will spend my Saturday with no game on, at least not one I want to watch. I suppose I can get that yard work done that I have been putting off...

You can see I haven't quite finished with the changes. I have had one of "those" weeks. Crisis with one of my very good friends, doctor's appointment cancelled, prime time tv. lol. I will spend some time on getting things taken care of this weekend when I don't have to worry about work and whatever else might come up.

Hope everyone has had a good week, at least better than mine has been!
 
posted by Dovely at 10/06/2005 06:25:00 PM |


0 Comments: